Are Electric Scooters Worth the Cost?
Electric scooters are a fun, convenient and environmentally friendly way to get around, but how much does owning and operating an escooter actually cost, and do the benefits make it a worthwhile financial outlay?
Electric scooter costs
Instead of guzzling fuel, escooters need an electric charge to re-fill their drained batteries. No adaptors or extra equipment are required – just plug in to a standard socket and recharging takes around 3-4 hours. In the UK that should cost you around 15-20p.
On the rare occasions you can’t fold your electric scooter up and take it with you, or store it in your car boot or under your desk, you will need to lock it up. It’s worth investing in a good quality lock and cable to keep your escooter secure when it’s parked in public.
Benefits of owning an electric scooter
OK, we may be biased, but where do we start?
- Escooters are a fast and fun way to get from A to B, saving you time – that extra 10 minutes in bed could become a reality!
- With an affordable one-off purchase cost and low running costs, electric scooters are a much cheaper choice than using a car or moped for short journeys, and there are no parking costs.
- Travelling by electric scooter is much more convenient than using public transport, and no traffic jams will slow you down.
- The lightweight and portable design makes electric scooters easy to transport and store when not in use – just fold your escooter and place it in your car boot or under your desk.
- Electric scooters are a green, emission-free way to travel, which is great for the environment.
- Getting you out into the fresh air, you will arrive at your destination feeling happy and relaxed – no more crowded public transport!
In our opinion, electric scooters are absolutely worth the cost. Changing the way you travel, allowing you to control your commute and offering the opportunity for exploration and adventure without damaging the planet – it could well be the best money you ever spend. Interested in buying an escooter? Check out our escooter model below.